Scale - Careers
Junior Video Editor / Assistant Editor
Scale is a tech-driven direct-to-consumer company that builds and deploys next-generation CPG brands in the beauty, health and wellness industries. Through our proprietary eCommerce and digital marketing engine, Scale transforms consumers’ end-to-end online shopping experience while increasing brand loyalty and retention. Scale’s growing portfolio of five brands and 70+ products helps hundreds of thousands of people live healthier lives.
We are looking for a talented and fast Junior Video Editor/Assistant Editor to join our team. We create short-and long-form video presentations, ads, and sales videos for brands in the health and beauty space. We are looking for an in-house, self-starting and collaborative JR video editor who is well-versed with stock footage, to assist our team of editors and edit more simple videos themselves. We specifically are seeking an editor who has the experience and the desire to work in the following areas:
- Stock footage research
- Asset routing and management
- Setting up projects, collecting media
- Syncing and dailies
- Pulling selects
- Assembly cuts
- Versioning and delivery
- Cutdowns & revisions
- Integrating graphics templates
- Simple video edits
We will rely on you to find and craft compelling imagery (primarily utilizing stock footage) to suit our video scripts and bring them to life. At times, you’ll be working on your own to edit and or you’ll be working closely with a producer on an A/V script to implement and collaborate on existing creative; and at times, you will be working with our post team to organize existing raw footage, files, and clips to make the post more efficient as the company grows.
- 2+ years’ experience in branded and D/R content video editing
- Highly skilled in video editing (Adobe Premiere or Davinci Resolve preferred)
- Strong understanding of Adobe-based applications: Premiere Pro, After Effects (Lower Thirds & transitions, animation), Photoshop (infographics, light photo editing)
- Creative skills and ability to concept visual imagery to help tell a compelling story.
- Ability to work separately or as part of a creative team to create exceptional videos depending on project needs
- Able to work under pressure and under deadlines, with strong follow-through abilities
- Accurate estimate time
- Solid communication and collaborative skills and the ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, flexible, and helpful
- Ability to multi-task, self-starter
- Impeccable organization abilities and experience creating Post systems
- Strong knowledge of video workflows and formats
- Must be able to work remotely as well as in-house when the situation allows.
DO NOT APPLY IF:
- You do not have experience with Branded and D/R Content
- You do not live in Los Angeles or the surrounding area
- You don’t want to get your hands dirty and help with organizing existing projects, raw stock, etc.
- You aren’t willing to implement notes you disagree with
- You have trouble taking direction
- You cannot work on your own
- You do not communicate well
- Organize and archive original production material
- Prepare project folders and files for lead editors
- Gather all necessary media for editing projects, including stock research
- Create assembly cuts and media string outs for lead editors
- Create visual and text-based videos using subtitles, VO, stock footage, original footage (occasional), and custom graphics based on scripts we provide for ads, short-form videos, testimonials, and the occasional long-form video
- Receive and input various formats of raw video material.
- Address all client notes and edits throughout the post-process
- Responsible for delivering the final product to the required specifications
- Maintain proper file structure and naming conventions allowing for future edits
- Optimize videos for web viewing (compression etc.)
The above list may not include all responsibilities for this position.
This job is a full-time position, non-exempt position.
DID YOU READ THE ABOVE? Please send us your resume and a BRIEF cover letter. Reply “I read the ad” in the title of your email response.
What We Offer:
- Salary: $40k to $45k based on experience
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid time off
- Gym membership
- Modern open-plan office based in Sherman Oaks, CA
If you are interested, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.