Scale - Careers
Manager, Regulatory Affairs and Nutrition
Scale is a tech-driven,direct-to-consumer platform that develops and deploys cutting-edge consumer brands from concept to scale, efficiently, profitably and quickly. We are obsessed with perfecting our proprietary technology, processes and methodologies that allow for rapid growth, from inception to SCALE.
Together we have a lifetime of experience in health, nutrition, entertainment, advertising, creative, media buying, strategy, performance optimization, and leadership. We have achieved success that has resulted in thousands of lives changed and millions of dollars in revenue.
The Manager of Regulatory Affairs and Nutrition will be responsible for leading Scale’s regulatory and compliance across multiple brands in the health (dietary supplements) and beauty space. The Manager will ensure compliance of Scale’s products and will monitor regulatory developments potentially affecting the business.
- Create and manage compliance process for all portfolio products
- Ensure regulatory compliance with all nutrition labels, and claims made on marketing and advertising materials and promotions.
- Provide guidance for Marketing, Communications and Research and Development on federal and state regulations and government activity related to nutrition, food safety and health.
- Ensure regulatory compliance (domestic and international) with all labels, shipping materials, advertising and promotions.
- Manager Submissions and Approvals for FDA and USDA Labels
- Evaluate health claims using clinical research as needed to substantiate claims.
- Manage Nutrition Label Development (PIS reviews, analytical reviews, NLEA panel development)
- Coordinate updates on the Nutrition Database (send products, update analytical information)
- Manage Consumer Affairs including answering ingredient and nutrition labeling questions
- 5+ years of overall professional experience in Regulatory Affairs management
- Broad knowledge and experience in Federal Food Regulations gained at successive levels of responsibility in multiple areas of health care, public health policy, food manufacturing and regulatory compliance, Nutrition management, and Marketing and Knowledge of corporate policies and compliance
- Demonstrated prior success in achieving results using team driven philosophies
- Demonstrated proficiency in supporting corporate interest from remote site locations and ability to communicate (oral and written) and exercise very positive people skills.
What We Offer:
Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
Paid parental leave
Generous paid time off (PTO)
Access to our “Scaling Wellness” program - mental health days, yoga sessions, daily meditation, fresh fruits and company provided snacks
Fun work culture - monthly and quarterly staff events
An amazing team to work alongside!
If you are interested, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.