Scale - Careers
Inventory Assistant Manager
Scale is a tech-driven direct-to-consumer company that builds and deploys next-generation CPG brands in the beauty, health and wellness industries. Through our proprietary eCommerce and digital marketing engine, Scale transforms consumers’ end-to-end online shopping experience while increasing brand loyalty and retention. Scale’s growing portfolio of five brands and 70+ products helps hundreds of thousands of people live healthier lives.
We are hiring an Inventory Assistant Manager to join our Inventory team ! Supporting the Inventory Manager, you will also oversee the management of co-packer purchasing / assembly schedules to meet sales forecasts and maintain high customer fill rates.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for managing the schedules availability of manufactured and purchased items and assemblies. Creates detailed production schedules and manufacturing orders. Identifies and tracks the resolution of shortages, monitors completeness of manufacturing orders and coordinates their release. Responsible for reviewing and acting on order release, action and exception messages from the Odoo system. May coordinate and direct activities of the Inventory Coordinator.
- Creates the production schedule with detailed input from sales projections.
- Processes any schedule changes and immediately updates manufacturing orders as necessary.
- Works with Inventory Coordinator to close out manufacturing orders.
- Monitors component materials availability in Odoo, in conjunction with Inventory Coordinator..
- Identifies actual or potential shortages and coordinates required delivery dates with Purchasing and/or in conjunction with Inventory Coordinator.
- Monitors incoming shortages and advises the Inventory Coordinator to coordinate their processing through Receiving to the production area.
- Identifies manufacturing orders ready to be released for production.
- In conjunction with the Inventory Coordinator, provides a list of shortages with expected delivery dates on any Manufacturing Order that is released and staged for production with unfulfilled shortages.
- Create and maintain a bill of materials for all products.
- Reviews, tracks and implements ECR’s.
- Reviews any additional stock issues to a project and initiates ECR’s when appropriate.
- Additional responsibilities and duties may be assigned.
Are you a people leader? You'll equally have responsibility to supervising direct reports, which will include: communicating job expectations, monitoring and appraising job results, coaching, maintaining, initiating and enforcing systems policies and procedures.
Are you a critical thinker? Another area you'll spend your time is assisting the Inventory Manager in analyzing supply/demand dynamics.
Do you look for ways to ensure data integrity? This will involve processing, routing and monitoring production orders through completion, inventory movements and adjustments within the ERP system. You'll also be responsible for ERP system data integrity on Item and SKU Cards.
Can you write technical reports? You'll often develop, maintain, prepare and communicate daily/weekly/monthly department reporting such as backlog to inventory analysis, shortage reports etc.
- 4 years direct production planning experience/training in a manufacturing environment
- Min. 2 years in a team lead or assistant manager level position supporting the Supply Chain or Inventory Manager
- Must be able to read bills of material and engineering change orders.
- Must have excellent computer skills including MRP/ERP system and Microsoft Word and Excel, Google Sheets. Odoo ERP system is a plus.
- Responsible for constraining forecasts based on operational capacities and material lead time constraints.
- Analyze future out of stock dates and provide priority skus to the Management team with a goal of reducing out of stock and maximizing sales.
- Recommend high level plans to address constraints in an effort to maximize revenue and minimize operational changeovers.
- Highlight longer term capacity issues and provide this information to Management for planning purposes.
- Track forecasted operations plan vs actual performance across a variety of attributes. Liaise with the operations team to improve adherence to plan.
- Intermediate/advanced excel skills
- Analytical and detail-oriented
- APICS certification preferred but not required
- Confident in relationship building skills
- Highly organized and well-versed in execution of deliverables
- Team oriented
- Flexible and adaptable
- Self-sufficient/ take initiative
- Innovative problem-solving skills
What We Offer:
- Salary: $55,000 - $60,000 (DOE)
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Gym membership
- Paid time off
If you are interested, please send your CV to email@example.com.