Scale - Careers
Inventory Assistant Manager
Scale is a tech-driven direct-to-consumer company that builds and deploys next-generation CPG brands in the beauty, health and wellness industries. Through our proprietary eCommerce and digital marketing engine, Scale transforms consumers’ end-to-end online shopping experience while increasing brand loyalty and retention. Scale’s growing portfolio of five brands and 70+ products helps hundreds of thousands of people live healthier lives.
We are hiring an Inventory Accountant to join our Inventory team! Supporting the Inventory Manager, you will also oversee the management of co-packer purchasing / assembly schedules to meet sales forecasts and maintain high customer fill rates.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for managing the schedules availability of manufactured and purchased items and assemblies. Creates detailed production schedules and manufacturing orders. Identifies and tracks the resolution of shortages, monitors completeness of manufacturing orders and coordinates their release. Responsible for reviewing and acting on order release, action and exception messages from the Odoo system. May coordinate and direct activities of the Inventory Coordinator.
- Manage and report warehouse inventory levels by product line and SKU; including inventory excess and obsolete balances, inventory projections, inventory turns, and other inventory management measures
- Work closely with Merchandising, Operations, Warehouse, and other cross-functional departments to identify and implement strategic objectives for improving inventory performance
- Partner with Data Engineering to update and maintain the inventory management business intelligence dashboard to make sure data is relevant and accurate
- Publish weekly and monthly inventory KPI’s; such as inventory value, inventory turns, weeks of supply and reserve balances by product type to share with key stakeholders
- Maintain inventory accounting reports that compare open PO’s, inventory receipts and matched receipts, with adequate variance analysis
- Review bill of material costs to ensure accuracy in the warehouse management system, review and approve item and finished goods standard costs as needed
- Provide monthly update of finished goods standard costs and COGs and report causes of significant variances from previous period
- Perform balance sheet inventory account reconciliations and cost of goods sold analysis
- Responsible for accurate tracking of RTV, donations, liquidations, and disposition of related inventory, and collaborate with the Director of Inventory Accounting to make sure resulting inventory adjustments and valuations are accurately reported in the financial statements
- Orchestrate the month end close process; complete pre-close tasks, run month end inventory reports, analyze and understand gross margin fluctuations period over period, compare and understand AOP cost of goods sold assumptions and communicate on significant variances and transactional activities to Operations team
- Collaborate with Accounts Payable team to improve GL coding accuracy and inventory accruals
- Support timely internal and external audit requests
- Assist physical inventory reconciliations, oversee cycle counting program, performance measure analysis, and other ad hoc projects
Are you a people leader? You'll equally have responsibility to supervising direct reports, which will include: communicating job expectations, monitoring and appraising job results, coaching, maintaining, initiating and enforcing systems policies and procedures.
Are you a critical thinker? Another area you'll spend your time is assisting the Inventory Manager in analyzing supply/demand dynamics.
Do you look for ways to ensure data integrity? This will involve processing, routing and monitoring production orders through completion, inventory movements and adjustments within the ERP system. You'll also be responsible for ERP system data integrity on Item and SKU Cards.
Can you write technical reports? You'll often develop, maintain, prepare and communicate daily/weekly/monthly department reporting such as backlog to inventory analysis, shortage reports etc.
- 4 years direct production planning experience/training in a manufacturing environment
- Min. 2 years in a team lead or assistant manager level position supporting the Supply Chain or Inventory Manager
- Must be able to read bills of material and engineering change orders.
- Must have excellent computer skills including MRP/ERP system and Microsoft Word and Excel, Google Sheets. Odoo ERP system is a plus.
- Responsible for constraining forecasts based on operational capacities and material lead time constraints.
- Analyze future out of stock dates and provide priority skus to the Management team with a goal of reducing out of stock and maximizing sales.
- Recommend high level plans to address constraints in an effort to maximize revenue and minimize operational changeovers.
- Highlight longer term capacity issues and provide this information to Management for planning purposes.
- Track forecasted operations plan vs actual performance across a variety of attributes. Liaise with the operations team to improve adherence to plan.
- Intermediate/advanced excel skills
- Analytical and detail-oriented
- APICS certification preferred but not required
- Confident in relationship building skills
- Highly organized and well-versed in execution of deliverables
- Team oriented
- Flexible and adaptable
- Self-sufficient/ take initiative
- Innovative problem-solving skills
What We Offer:
- Salary: $55,000 - $60,000 (DOE)
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid parental leave
- Gym membership
- Generous paid time off (PTO)
- Access to our "Scaling Wellness" program - mental health days, yoga sessions, daily meditation, fresh fruits and company provided snacks
- Fun Work Culture - Monthly and Quarterly staff events
If you are interested, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.