Scale - Careers
Quality Control Manager
Scale is a tech-driven,direct-to-consumer platform that develops and deploys cutting-edge consumer supplement and personal care brands. We are obsessed with perfecting our proprietary technology, processes and methodologies that allow for rapid growth, from inception to SCALE.
Together we have a lifetime of experience in health, nutrition, personal care, entertainment, advertising, creative, media buying, strategy, performance optimization, and leadership. We have achieved success that has resulted in thousands of lives changed and millions of dollars in revenue.
We are hiring for a Quality Control Manager who will be responsible for the management of the Company’s product quality program. Will ensure that all Supplement and Personal Care products meet the Company’s product specifications. Monitor lab cost and overall finished goods quality standards. Reporting to the Senior Scientific Manager.
- Develop and implement a quality control receiving program on company supply raw materials, forieng and domestic.
- Collaborate with co-packers and analytical lab to establish a reliable Quality Control program for all finished goods.
- Understand purity analysis by ICP-MS, TLC, HPLC, or related analytical techniques.
- Work with Regulatory Committee and Product Development to ensure that needed standards are being implemented with finished goods.
- Build and maintain a collaborative process to relay quality control processes for each product to senior leadership.
- Direct and manage activities related to process and product compliance with applicable regulations, and additional inhouse quality standards.
- Create and manage quality Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Establish Quality Control documents and document improvement processed.
- Audit co-packer and analytical lab documentation.
- Requesting specification documentation from supplement and personal care co-packers.
- Regular relationship building and collaboration with Customer Service and Returns Department to identify reasonable product improvements.
- Prepare timely and accurate responses to inquiries regarding the quality of our products, including ingredients and processes.
- Request and review Corrective And Preventive Action (CAPA) as needed from Co-Packers, Warehousing, and Fulfilment Centers as needed.
- Monitor and audit copacker, warehouse, shipping, and fulfilment quality programs.
- Provide technical assistance for new products, packaging and processes, both inhouse and with co-packers.
- The QC Tech/Scientist will request Time of Manufacturing and Real Time stability testing with finished goods.
- Evaluating risk of anything that tests out of specification as a raw material or as a finished good. Including but not limited to assay, micro, heavy metals, contaminants, mesh specifications, density, moisture & water activity.
- Track storage and shipping conditions to ensure that they are suitable for the given raw material and finished goods.
- Managing QC quarantine, & QC returns.
- Troubleshoot quality related issues as necessary or requested
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to meet required deadlines
- Ability to work a regular full-time work schedule, with flexibility to work additional hours to meet business needs.
- Bachelors degree in Food Science, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Microbiology or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on work experience in supplement and/or personal care.
- Must have strong working knowledge of applicable cGMP guidelines, FDA CFR regulatory guidelines, The Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act (FFDCA) and the Dietary Supplement Health and Education Act (DSHEA) DSHEA
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft business, and Google Drive applications and various reporting software.
- Must have strong project management, business writing, and reporting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret reports, and other documents common within the Supplement and Personal Care Industries.
- Understand state and federal requirements for manufacturing, distribution.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, and/or company representatives
- Ability to effectively present information to management and work cross-functionally across all levels.
- Experience with relational databases, data validation, and report/query setup is a plus
- Ability to keep multiple tasks simultaneously organized.
- Collect and maintain organized documentation and records for each task and product.
Scale is growing and we are looking to hire passionate individuals who want to join us on our journey of growth!
What We Offer:
Salary - DOE
Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
Paid parental leave
Generous paid time off (PTO)
Access to our “Scaling Wellness” program - mental health days, yoga sessions, daily meditation
Fun work culture
An amazing team to work alongside!
If you are interested, please send your CV to email@example.com.