Scale - Careers
Video Editor / Storyteller
Are you a great Video Editor/Storyteller?
We are looking for a talented and fast Video Editor/Storyteller to join our team. We create engaging and illuminating videos for brands in the beauty and wellness space and are looking for a self-starting video editor that can take a script from text to finished video using original production material, stock footage, and graphics. We will rely on you to craft compelling stories that bring our scripts to life.
Scale is a tech-driven direct-to-consumer company that builds and deploys next-generation CPG brands in the beauty, health and wellness industries. Through our proprietary eCommerce and digital marketing engine, Scale transforms consumers’ end-to-end online shopping experience while increasing brand loyalty and retention. Scale’s growing portfolio of five brands and 70+ products helps hundreds of thousands of people live healthier lives.
- 4+ years’ experience editing branded and D/R video content.
- Highly skilled in video editing (Adobe Premiere and Davinci Resolve preferred)
- Strong understanding of Adobe-based applications: Premiere Pro, After Effects (Lower Thirds & transitions, light animation), Photoshop ( infographics, light photo editing)
- Creative skills and ability to concept visual imagery to help tell a compelling story.
- Able to work under pressure and under deadlines, with strong follow-through abilities
- Solid communication skills and the ability to work cohesively as part of a team
- Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with other team members.
- Balance feedback and instruction from multiple parties while relying on the team lead for direction and priorities.
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, flexible, and helpful
- Ability to multitask, self-starter
- Basic camera op/predator skills a plus.
- Must be able to work remotely as well as in-house when the situation will allow.
- Create long-form, short-form visual and text-based video presentations using subtitles, VO, stock footage, original footage, and custom graphics based on scripts we provide
- Receive and input various formats of raw video material.
- Address all client notes and edits throughout the approval process
- Responsible for delivering the final product to the required specifications
- Maintain proper file structure and naming conventions allowing for future edits
- Optimize videos for web viewing (compression etc.)
The above list may not include all responsibilities for this position.
Please send us your resume, a link to your online portfolio and reel, and a BRIEF cover letter. Reply “I read the ad” in the title of your email response.
What We Offer:
- Salary: $55k to $65k based on experience
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Paid time off
- Gym membership
- Casual dress code
- Yoga, Meditation and free company snacks
- Quarterly team building events
If you are interested, please send your CV to email@example.com.